International Journal of Economics, Politics, Humanities & Social Sciences – IJEPHSS (e-ISSN: 2636-8137) is double-blind peer-reviewed journal.
The article evaluation process works as follows:
1. Articles that have not been published before or that are not yet under evaluation in another journal for publication and that are approved by each author are accepted for evaluation.
2. Submitted and pre-checked articles are scanned for plagiarism using iThenticate software.
3. After the plagiarism check, the appropriate articles are evaluated by the editor-in-chief for originality, methodology, importance of the subject covered, and compatibility with the scope of the journal.
4. Selected articles are sent to at least two national/international referees for evaluation by double-blind reviewing.
5. The publication decision is made by the Editorial Board after the arrangements made by the authors in line with the requests of the referees and the referee process.
6. The pre-review and peer review process takes an average of 60 days (minimum) from article submission.
1. The editor evaluates the articles in terms of scientific content, regardless of the ethnic origin, gender, citizenship, religious belief, or political philosophy of the authors.
2. The editor makes a fair double-blind peer-review of the articles submitted for publication and ensures that all information about the submitted articles is kept confidential before publication.
3. The editor informs the referees that the manuscripts are confidential information and this is a privileged interaction. The referees and editorial board cannot discuss the articles with other people. The anonymity of referees should be ensured. In certain cases, the editor may share one referee’s review with other referees to clarify a particular point.
4. The Editor is responsible for the content and general quality of the publication. It is also his/her responsibility to issue a correction note or implement a withdrawal as necessary.
5. Editor, does not allow any conflict of interest between authors, editors and referees. He/she has only full authority to appoint referees and is responsible for the final decision regarding the publication of the manuscripts in the Journal.
Responsibilities of the Referees
1. Referees should not have any conflicts of interest regarding the research, authors, and/or research funders. Judgments should be objective.
2. The referees should ensure that all information about the submitted manuscripts is kept confidential and should notify the editor if they are aware of copyright infringement and plagiarism on the part of the author.
3. A referee who feels inadequate to review the topic of a paper or knows that immediate review will be impossible should notify the editor and be exempt from the review process.
Preliminary Review and Plagiarism Screening
The study is reviewed by the editor for compliance with journal publication principles, academic writing rules, and APA System, and screened for plagiarism using the iThenticate program. The plagiarism similarity rate is required to be less than 20%. A preliminary review is completed within a maximum of 20 days.
Review of Field Editor
The study, which has passed the Preliminary Review and Plagiarism Screening phase, is examined by the relevant field editor in terms of problematic and academic language style. This review will be completed within a maximum of 20 days.
Referee Process (Academic Evaluation)
The study, which has passed the review of the field editor, is submitted to the evaluation of at least two referees who have a doctoral thesis, book or article on the subject. The refeere process is carried out in confidentiality within the framework of the double-blind reviewing/referee practice. The referee is requested to either state his/her opinion about the work he has examined on a text or justify it with a minimum 150-word explanation on the online referee form. If the author does not agree with the referee’s opinions, he is given the right to object and defend his opinions. The field editör Provides mutual communication between author and referee while maintaining confidentiality. If both of the referee reports are positive, the study is submitted to the Editorial Board with a proposal to evaluate its publication. If one of the two referees has a negative opinion, the study is sent to a third referee. Studies can be published with the positive decision of at least two referees. Translated articles are sent to language and related field experts to be evaluated in terms of conformity with the original, and appropriate use of field concepts and language. Translations in which experts have negative opinions are not published. The publication of book and symposium evaluations and summaries of doctoral theses are decided after the evaluation of the relevant field editors.
If the referees want corrections in the text they have examined, the relevant reports are sent to the author and he/she is asked to correct his/her work. Revision (Minimum 10 Days – The period may be extended if major revision is requested). The author presents his/her corrections to the field editor by specifying them in red.
Field Editor Control
The field editor checks whether the author has made the requested corrections in the text. The checking process is completed within 5 days at most. If there is a “Major Revision” in the referee reports, the article is sent to the relevant referee. If there is “Acceptance” or “Minor Revision” and edits have been made, the article can be directed to the language control stage. If it detects that corrections have not been made, it re-sends the article to the author. If the author does not make corrections again, the article may be rejected. Articles that are not accepted for publication are not deleted from the system. The process phase and all its files are recorded in the system.
The referee requesting correction checks whether the author has made the requested corrections in the text.
Studies that have passed the peer-review process are reviewed by the Turkish (or English) Language Editor, and if necessary, corrections are requested from the author. The control process is completed within a maximum of 15 days.
Editorial Board Review
The articles that pass technical, academic and linguistic reviews are examined by the Editorial Board and the final publication status is decided. In case of objection from the members, the Board decides by a majority of votes.
Typesetting and Layout Phase
The typesetting and layout of the studies decided to be published by the Editorial Board are made ready for publication.
Data Submission to National and International Indexes
The printed copy of the published issue is sent to the reference libraries in the country and abroad within 60 days at the latest. The article metadata is forwarded to the relevant indexes within 15 days.